Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm depressed...

So I am back from my bachelorette party weekend...it was the BEST!  I have the best friends in the world!  But now I'm in a depression.  I wish it were still the weekend.

To help with the depression I decided to play with my new slow cooker and make something that will warm the soul.  I sampled it before putting it in the fridge for the morning...YUM!


Mixed Berry Oatmeal

Ingredients:

1 c. steel cut oatmeal (not quick-cooking)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 c. dried mixed berries
4 c. water

Instructions:

1.  Place first 4 ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover with water.

2.  Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours*.  Stir and serve.

Serves 4
3 WW points 

*I have a 3.5-quart slow cooker.  It is probably the same-ish cook-time for a regular sized one.  Don't blame me if it doesn't come out right.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment